Our smart tags allows you to easily track supporters who've completed one or more of your actions or who've engaged with any Facebook posts by leaving reactions or comments.
You can also upload a list of supporters, which our tool will then cross-reference and tag, creating one comprehensive Facebook supporter list.
Why would you want to do all that?
- Know when a donor or VIP supporter leaves you a comment on Facebook, so you can respond. (We'll automatically send you an email.)
- Sort interactions by tag, so you can track subtleties like donor engagement versus volunteer engagement.
- Stay on top of who's who, so you can best respond to each category of supporter.
Supporter tags also remain through exports, so this handy data is never lost!
To get started, log into ActionSprout and select the Facebook Page you'd like to work with from the Accounts screen.
Next, open the People section of your account and select Smart Tagging.
At the top of the page, click the green Upload List button.
This will open a menu where you can upload your list of supporters and choose the tag that labels them best.
Once finished, we will take the list you just uploaded, match it against your current active supporters inside of ActionSprout, and match as many as we can. Once a supporter is matched, the tagged is applied. If no one matches, that particular contact will fail, and we'll move on to the next.
You can then find that information under each file you upload for tagging, like this:
To successfully upload a list of supporters you must follow some important file formatting rules:
- Your file must be a .csv
- File headers should be “full name”, “first name”, “last name”, or “email” (download template)
- Size does not matter
- People must already be inside your ActionSprout account in order to tag
Checking for new matches
As new supporters flow into your ActionSprout People list, you can check for new matches on existing uploaded lists. If a donor has come through since you last checked we will be able to now go back and match and tag them:
Have questions? Ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org