When used right, Facebook ads are a powerful and effective tool for amplifying your Facebook efforts. ActionSprout SmartAds make using Facebook ads easier than ever. Once SmartAds are enabled on your ActionSprout account, the system monitors all of your posts and automatically promotes the best ones for you. The system then sends you an alert with a quick-link into your Facebook ads mangers where you can make adjustments.
Monthly Ad Sets
You can think of Ad Sets as a standing order to spend a certain amount of money evenly over a given period of time. Each month ActionSprout automatically creates a new ad set that will contain your SmartAds for the month. It has a set budget (which you can adjust directly in your ActionSprout account), and will pace the spend across the month to insure your budget is not exceeded.
Dynamic Custom Audiences
Ads are only as good as the audience you are targeting with them. SmartAds creates and continually maintains custom audience sets used for ad targeting. These audiences are created based on, but do not include, the folks inside your ActionSprout account.
All Currencies Supported by Facebook are Supported by SmartAds
SmartAds will automatically default to whatever currency you have set up in your Facebook ads account. In other words, if you have an active Facebook ads account you can use SmartAds, regardless of your currency
SmartAds continuously monitors every post you make to your Facebook page. The system uses a number of variables to determine whether a post has a high likelihood of performing well (cost effectively) if promoted. These variables are constantly evolving and being refined to stay current with the latest trends and patterns on Facebook. Here are some of the factors used.
- Performance – How did the number of people who engaged with the post compare to previous posts? Were there more people than usual engaging with the post?
- Engagement Rate – What percentage of the people who saw the post engage with it in some way, such as liking, commenting, sharing, or clicking on a link? Was this rate higher than normal?
- Virality – How are people seeing the post in their feed? Was it because they are fans of your page or because someone they know shared it with them?
- Social Action – Does the post link to, or provide, a way for people to engage further such as signing a petition, registering for an event, or sharing an opinion. How well is that action engaging people?
An ad runs for a variable length of time once added to the ad set. This is usually about 4 days, however, it varies depending on how well the ad is performing and what other ads are also running.
You and your team are always in the loop with immediate email notifications when a post is added or when it’s finished and has been turned off. You can also turn specific ads off or extend them quickly and easily.
Keep an eye on your SmartAds activity with at a glance reporting on monthly ad sets as well as on a per-post basis inside your the Timeline section of your ActionSprout account. Keep tabs on how many additional people you’re reaching and how many of them are engaging and becoming fans.
Because SmartAds sits on top of your Facebook Ad account, you have complete control over everything and can geek out on ads at any time.
- Increase or decrease the budget on your current month’s ad set.
- Turn off ads for posts you don’t want to run or keep one running for longer
- Use the custom audiences for other campaigns
- Dive deep into the stats and see how many likes, comments, clicks, and new fans your SmartAds are driving.